LDI Member - a designer, graduate or a practitioner currently working in the landscape industry
LDI Professional Landscape Designer - a qualified landscape designer currently practicing & able to submit a recent design portfolio
LDI Registered Landscape Designer - an experienced & qualified landscape designer
LDI Student Member - studying in a recognised landscape design course (or landscape architecture)
LDI Education Member - an Educational Institution, or teacher, engaged in teaching landscape design or landscape architecture
- LDI Affiliate Member - working in an industry affiliated to landscape design
If you are practicing in the landscape design industry, studying landscape design or landscape architecture, teaching the landscape designers of the future, or work in an industry allied to landscape design, there is a membership category for you. Here's how our membership categories work:
- LDI Member - Designers and practitioners currently working in the landscape industry are welcome to apply for membership in this category eg. Designers, Horticulturists and 'Design & Construct' Landscape Contractors. Included in this category are those who have recently graduated with a qualification in landscape design or landscape architecture but not ready to submit a portfolio for PLD membership.
- LDI Professional Landscape Designer (PLD) - Qualified landscape design professionals can apply for membership in this category. Applicants are required to submit evidence of any formal qualifications held and a portfolio of 3 landscape designs prepared by them for assessment by LDI's Membership Committee. The assessment criteria applied to the portfolios can be viewed using the link below.
- LDI Registered Landscape Designer (RLD) - Qualified experienced landscape designers are invited to apply for this new aspirational membership category. Applicants will be required to demonstrate through their portfolios exceptional design skills and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of professionalism. To be eligible for consideration you must already hold PLD level membership. Applications for membership are called for in March and September of each year.
LDI Student - All students enrolled in a landscape design or landscape architecture course can apply for LDI Student membership.
- LDI Educator - All educators working in a landscape design or landscape architecture faculty are invited to apply for LDI Educator membership.
LDI Affiliates - Anyone currently working in industries allied to landscape design or landscape architecture (and not eligible to join LDI via other member categories above) should apply for LDI Affiliate membership. These include but are not limited to:
- Landscape contractors (installation, maintenance & managers)
- Product suppliers to the Landscape Industry
- Plant nurseries & garden centres
- Irrigation designers & installers
- Pool builders
- Lighting designers
- Tree Arborists
- Agronomists & Soil technicians
- Green wall (vertical gardens) & green roof specialists
- Architects, Building designers, Engineers, Interior Designers, Surveyors, Town Planners
- Graphic & Web designers
- Artists, signwriters and printing specialists
- CAD Technicians / 3D illustrators / animators / visualisation specialists
- Custom & bespoke fabricators / manufacturers
When you join, you must agree to a Code of the Ethics, ensuring integrity, conduct and service is of the highest standard across LDI.